Sunday, March 13, 2016
I moved all my blogging to www.pveller.com. Please follow me there or just @pveller on Twitter. I always drop a line there when I publish something new. If you prefer RSS then you will be pleased to know that my new blog has it as well.
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
2014 was a good year. Fast. Challenging.
A year ago I made a change. I left a company I was with for over 10 years, a company that was about 200 people when I started and 10k+ when I left. Great experience. Probably one in a lifetime.
I felt like having more than one lifetime experience and off I went. From mostly hands off solution architecture and management back into hands on software engineering, from Java and Linux to .NET and Windows, from Adobe CQ to Sitecore, from a big public company to a small feels-like-family boutique. How do I feel about it? Loving it and would do it again if given a second chance. Experience of a lifetime indeed.
- Got back to blogging and published 25 technical articles (all Sitecore)
- Joined Sitecore.FakeDb open source project and contributed 40 commits
- Presented at two Atlanta Sitecore User Groups (one, two)
- Live coded for about 45 minutes on a Sitecore Virtual User Group. It was scary but TDD with NCrunch is so fun to do that I actually very much enjoyed it
- Co-presented on the Sitecore Virtual User Summit
- Earned Sitecore MVP 2015 award
No resolutions but I will sure continue to craft code in various languages, blog about it, present at user groups, produce screencasts, and contribute to open source. These days I am more active on twitter than on any other social outlet so please feel free to connect @pveller.
Happy New Year!